Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Japanese Curry


This curry is very different then any traditional indian curry that I have eaten.
My friend Aki introduced this to me a long time ago, and I have used it
again when I need to make a quick and very tasty curry.
In the photo below are the 3 different types of curry you can buy.
I buy them at the local asian grocery store.

All you have to do is melt the bar of curry with a can of coconut milk,
and simmer until it thickens a little.

In the meanwhile I stir fry up, chicken with onions and garlic
, and boil some potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Then I throw everything into the curry sauce,  and add other veg you might want
I put in peppers and zucchini.
Then let simmer for another minute or two.
Taste it, and make sure its got enough flavour,
sometimes I like to add a little soy sauce.
Then serve over your choice of rice,
top with scallions and cilantro
and some naan bread on the side.
The whole thing should take less then 30 min!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment