Oven Roasted Tomatoes
4-6 large tomatoes
2-3 garlic cloves
few tablespoons balsamic
few tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut each tomato in half and place in deep 9 inch pan
2. Drizzle oil and vinegar over all the tomatoes
3. Sprinkle over S&P and thyme
4. Place thin slices of garlic over tops of tomatoes
5. Roast in oven at 250 degrees for approx 3-4 hours
until shrivelled and browned!
6. I served mine on a bed of baby spinach as a side dish!
1 can corn
1 package diced pancetta
a good amount of shitake mushrooms
a few table spoons of heavy cream
1. Get a deep pan very hot and fry the pancetta. Once its crispy
remove and set aside.
2. Add a spoon of butter to the pancetta fat and saute the leeks for 2-3 minutes
then add in the mushrooms and another spoon of butter and some S&P
Saute for another 2-3 min.
3. Add the can of corn, the fresh dill, and the cream, stir it all around
then remove from the heat and just let it sit until everything else is ready.
Pan-Seared Beef with Watercress
2-3 cuts of beef, I used something like a flank steak
black sesame seeds
bunch of watercress
bunch of arugala
can of water chestnuts
1. First marinate beef in a few splashes of sesame oil, juice from the lime
and S&P, wrap up and set aside
2. To make the dressing for the watercress and arugula
whisk together to taste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, grated ginger
diced green onions, sesame oil, set aside to let the flavours meld together.
3. Heat a pan thats ok to be transfered to the oven, get it nice and hot and
using tong put the marinated beef in the pan, sear for 2-3 min on each side the
transfer pan to the oven for another 10-15 min until the beef is about 150 degrees with a meat thermometer. Once its done pull it out and let it rest for a few minutes
4. Toss the arugula and watercress with the dressing and plate it up, toss a few water chestnuts on top
then slice the steak and lay it over top!