Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CREAMY LEEKS

 I see Leeks in the supermarket and they are beautiful, I just want to do something with them, I saw a similar recipe to this and thought I would try it. Definately a do again.
 
For the leeks
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
  • 3 leeks, washed and sliced
  • 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
  • half a cup lactose free sour cream
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
    Grainy mustard
    fresh dill
  1. For the leeks, heat the oil and butter in a pan and sauté the garlic with the leek and thyme leaves for 3-4 minutes, to soften.
  2. Stir in the sour cream and parsley, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for a further 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add 1 tablespoon grainy mustard

    For the croutons, I used Udi's Gluten Free bread, and covered it with garlic oil, fried it then chopped it up, It gives the creamed Leeks a wonderful crunch.


1 comment:

  1. I was going to make a leek soup this week, but they were not looking good this week.

    Could you compare the taste to anything you've had before?

    ReplyDelete