Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Deconstructed Sushi Salad with Pan Fried Salmon


I'm back! I apologize for my 8 week ish break that I took, life has been crazy!
But I'm back in cooking mode!

This is the first time I have ever made this dish, and its for sure one that
I will make again!


Ingredients
-salmon filets
-red pepper
-green pepper
-avacado
-cucumber
-seaweed
-sesame seeds
-spinach
-PC korean BBQ sauce
-soy sauce
-rice vinegar
-sesame oil
-olive oil
-brown rice
-sea salt


1. Marinate Salmon, I used PC Korean BBQ sauce, but you could also use a mix of sesame, soy and brown sugar. Put brown rice on to cook, takes about 30 min, once done pour in a few glugs of rice vinegar and scoop onto a plate to let cool a little.

2. Chop all veggies in thin slices. And place 2-3 sheets of seaweed on cookie sheet and brush
with a little sesame oil and sprinkle with sea salt, cook at 400 in oven for about 8 minutes.
Take out of oven, let cool then slice into strips

3. Make salad dressing, I always make my dressings to taste, so its hard to give an exact recipe.
But generally it takes 2/3 oil 1/3 vinegar and flavour
So using sesame oil, olive oil, soy and rice vinegar and mix to taste.

4. Heat up non-stick pan to medium high, and place salmon in the pan. Sear it on each side about 4 min, check middle for doneness, and then turn heat down and cover with lid if its not done yet.
Also feel free to spoon as much marinade on as you want, because its delicious!

5. Assembling salad, start with a few handfuls of spinach, scoop some rice on, then the veggies and avocado, drizzle dressing over everything. Then top with seaweed, sesame seeds, and the salmon!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment