A friend (thanks A.J.) gave me this recipe when I was trying to cut dairy out of my diet. This mousse is so good, if you didn’t tell people what was in it you would fool them into thinking it was made with dark chocolate, butter, and whipping cream. But it is vegan, sugar-free, and may even be good for you. Imagine that.
Note: we have tried replacing the frozen raspberries with many different berries and fruit, but would not recommend blackberries as their seeds are just too big and give the mousse an unpleasant texture. Raspberries and strawberries seem to be fine if you have a decent blender.
You will need:
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup chopped and soaked dates
- 3/4 cup water (may need more or less)
- 1 ripe avocado
What to do:
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Add half of the water and process until blended, adding more water to make it a smooth consistency if needed.
- Add the avocado flesh and continue to blend until it is thick and creamy.
- Scoop into small bowls or cups and let set in the fridge for at least 30 min.