Friday, April 8, 2011

Amazing Pork Tenderloin (reposted)


So I am reposting this dinner because Ive had a few people tell me they made it and loved it!
But recently couldnt find the recipe anymore,
somehow it disappeared!
So here it is again!

These pork tenderloin medallions are amazing! 
I started with the sauce, I like to give it lots of time to simmer and thicken and richen in flavour.
I chopped 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and a good chunk of ginger, and sauted it with a little oil.
Then I added one cup of water and 1/4 cup of soy sauce or tamari.
Boil that for at least 5 minutes. Then add about 1/2 cup brown sugar, a few splashes 
of red wine vinegar, and few tablespoons of dijon mustard, and a spoonful of butter.
Then just let simmer while you are cooking the pork.

Next step is to coat the pork in roughly crushed peppercorns, and salt, and dried thyme, lots of
each of those. Then preheat a frying pan (the kind you can transfer to the oven),
get it really hot, then place the whole tenderloin in, brown for a couple minutes
on each side. Then transfer to the oven for about 20  min or until meat thermometer
 reaches 160 degrees.
Take out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes, then slice into rounds, and
drizzle with sauce!


For the rice:

I use my rice cooker, and add how ever much sticky rice you want, then one can
of coconut milk, and then water to top up to the right amount.
Then just let it cook

For the Salad:
I sliced up, mango, avocado, carrots, cilantro, and green onion
and drizzle with this tahini dressing 
http://eatswiththepeeps.blogspot.com/search/label/tahini

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment