Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Roasted Potato and Leek Soup


This is one of those soups that I never use a recipe for
It ends up a little different each time I make it.
This time I started off by tossing chopped potatoes in oil and S&P
and roasting at 400 degrees for about 30 min.

While they were roasting I sautéed a diced red onion, chopped up leeks
and a few cloves of garlic, all in butter of course!
Once a little browned, I turned the heat down to medium and added
and few cups of veggie stock.
Then added the hot roasted potatoes.

Then I used my immersion blender to puree, sometimes
I like to leave it a little bit chunky.
Then I added a few dollops of  cream, for flavour
and color. and then add some dried or fresh herbs of your choice
and  more S&P to taste.
Serve up topped with some chevre and fresh herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment