Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brie & Mushroom Quiche


This quiche is sooo good and so easy to make.
I start with a basic quiche batter
which has in it

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup light cream of milk
5 eggs
S&P
ground nutmeg

this batter will probably make 2 normal size quiches, 
sometimes I double it, and make 4, and some mini ones, 
they freeze really well, and are super easy to pop into the oven
on busy nights when you need a quick dinner.

Once the batter is whipped up and ready in bowl,
I put whatever veggies, herbs  and cheese I want into
the pastry (this time I used a frozen pie shell, when I have time
I like to make my own pastry)

In this case I sauteed up some mushrooms and onions in little olive oil
and butter, then put them straight into the shell, 
poured in the quiche batter until almost full,
then I layed slices of brie across the top.
I placed on a baking sheet to avoid overflow into
the bottom of the oven, and baked at 350 for about 45 min.
To check pull out of oven and make sure the  middle isnt wiggly,
if it seems really soft in the middle still or wiggly, put back in oven
for 10-15 min.
Slice up and enjoy with a nice salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment