I'm really into warm salads lately, they perfectly fill the salad craving
but also fill the hearty food craving that winter brings.
one can lentils
2 cloves garlic
one bunch fresh thyme leaves
red wine vinegar
1. Start by heating your pan up medium-high and sautéing the sliced garlic
cloves and roughly diced thyme leaves.
Add drained lentils until warm, then throw in a splash of olive oil
and a splash of red wine vinegar and S&P
Cover with lid and take of heat.
2. Spread tomato pesto on sliced bread and sprinkle chevre on top.
put in oven at 350. for about 10 min, and broil for the last
3. Fry bacon until crispy, then break up into smallish pieces.
4. Make salad dressing, whisk 4 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs balsamic,
and S&P, toss in a large bowl with greens.
5. Add warm lentils to greens, toss and plate up.
6. Top with bacon, then rip up toasted bread
and add on top as well!
Enjoy right away so that its all still warm!