This tart was amazing, and fairly easy to make!
First you need to make sure you have a really good non-stick tart pan, a 9 inch one,
the kind where the bottom pops out.
For the crust:
3/4cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup blanched almonds
4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 large egg yolk
For the filling:
6 tbsp unsalted butter
5 large egg yolks
1/4 cup plus 2 tbs light corn syrup
3tbs brown sugar
3 tbsp amaretto (or 1.5 tbsp almond extract)
3 tbsp heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Make the crust: Pulse flour and almonds in food processor until ground. Beat butter and icing sugar on medium till light and fluffy. About 5 min. Add flour mixture, yolk,and a pinch of salt.
Mix until dough come together. Press into bottom and up sides of tart pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 325. Make the filling: Heat butter in pan over medium high heat until browned. Let cool for 10 min.
3. Beat yolks, corn syrup, and brown sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Mix in browned butter, amaretto, cream, and vanilla. (mixture should be thick, but pourable)
4. Transfer tart shell onto baking sheet. Pour in filling to reach halfway up side. Bake until crust is golden brown and crisp and centre is slight soft but set. 40-45 minutes.
5. Press strawberries, or any other fruit you might want to use in a pretty pattern on top!
Serve with fresh whipping cream!