Friday, May 7, 2010

Caribbean Chicken Salad


This is one of my favourite summer dishes!
For the salad I use whatever greens I have, then a few green
onions, and a mix of good fruit, I usually use, mangoes, oranges
and some type of melon.
I marinate the chicken in lemon and garlic then pan fry in a little
olive oil until cooked through.
Then I slice it up, and put on the side of the salad.
The dressing is a sweet curry dressing, and its
delicious, on everything, not just this salad.
I'll list the ingredients below, but the measurements are approx.
I just keep tasting it until I think its perfect, and you might
have to add a bit more of something to get it just right!

1/2 cup mayo
juice of one lemon
3-6 tbs honey
2 tbs curry powder
2-3 cloves of garlic
a few glugs of olive oil

(you can double this if you want to make enough
to keep in a jar in the fridge, trust me
you will want to after you taste it!)

1 comment:

  1. I remember eating this at the Twilight Diner.... yours looks even better, Ash!
    xo

    ReplyDelete