-2-3 cloves garlic
-1 thai chili
-2-3 chicken breast/or 1 pack tofu
-1 pack rice wide rice noodles
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-3-4 tbs tamarind concentrate
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1/4 cup rice vinegar
-1/4 cup hoisin sauce
-2 tbsp fish sauce
-2 limes squeezed in
(all of these measurements are approximate
I always do this to taste)
1. I always start by putting all ingredients for sauce on low in a small saucepan,
and let simmer while I get everything else ready. Also get out a big bowl and put the whole pack of rice noodles in with really hot water.
2. Then chop all the veggies and everything for garnish.
I always put each garnish in a small bowl and put in the middle of the table.
3. Then slice of chicken or tofu, and garlic and chillies. Heat up large wok
to medium high, pour in a little sesame oil and a little olive oil, toss in garlic and chlies,
toss for 20 sec, then throw in chicken or tofu.
Cook for 4-5 min, then toss and cook for 2-3 more min till cooked through.
4. While the chicken is cooking poor boiling water over the noodles, leave for a min or 2 then strain.
5. Toss all veggies in with the chicken, pour over the sauce that had been simmering,
then pour in all of the rice noodles.
Use tongs to toss gently, rice noodles are delicate, if you stir to much they will turn a little mushy. Once everything seems coated with the sauce, turn heat off and serve up!
6. Top with all of the garnishes and enjoy!