I made this last week, with the help of Jenny Bloom, in the Blooms kitchen!
I got to have a lovely visit at the Blooms house for a few days, and this is one
of the 2 dinners that we made together, the other will be posted soon!
-good cut of beef(grilling beef, tenderloin)
-good mix of asian veg
(bok choy, snap peas, broccoli, red pepper,
-bunch of fresh basil
and fresh cilantro
-soy sauce or tamari
1. Start by putting your rice on, so that it will be ready when everything else is done.
2. Put your beef in a bowl and marinate with some sesame oil, seeds, S&P
3. Cut up all veg so that they are all ready at the same time
4.Finely chop or grate 3 cloves garlic and small chunk of ginger.
5. Heat up pan (one that can transfer to oven), to medium high heat,
make sure that its really hot, then using tongs place beef in pan.
Let it sear for about 2 min, then flip, leave for 2 min the put in oven at 300 degrees
6. Heat up large non-stick pan or wok, splash in some sesame oil, and then
saute the garlic, ginger and a pinch of chilis.
Then toss in all veggies except bok choy, and douse with good amounts of
soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce. Then toss bok choy on top
and cover with lid to let the bok choy steam for a few minutes.
Take lid off and toss around, taste and see if you need to add more of anything.
7. Take beef out of oven when meat thermometer reads 140(rare)
and let it sit for about 5 min before you slice.
8. Pour the juices from the beef pan over the veg, and let cook a few more minutes
while beef is resting.
9. Then scoop rice into a plate or bowl, top with veggies
then top with sliced beef, lots of fresh herbs, and a slice of lime!