1lb ground beef
1lb ground pork
1/2 cup beef stock double strength
panko bread crumbs
2 egg yolks
1 can corn
1. Start off by chopping off the top of a head of garlic and wrapping it in tinfoil,
place right on rack in oven for 45 min at 375.
2. While thats in the oven chop and boil 5-6 medium potatoes until soft.
Drain and mash with a few spoons of butter, a few tablespoons of cream,
S&P, and then once the garlic is done, let it cool a little
then squeeze all of the cloves into the potatoes.
Then crack in 2 egg yolks and mash well.
Set aside while you finish up.
3. Heat up large frying pan, toss in diced onions and diced garlic.
Saute for 2 min, then add all of the meat. Break up and let brown.
Once browned, drain the meat a little, then add stock, few glugs of wine,
tomato paste, Worcester sauce, s&p, and chopped up thyme.
Simmer until liquid is absorbed. Taste, and add more
flavour if needed.
4. Get out a big casserole dish, and spoon the meat into the bottom,
pour one can of corn on top, then spoon the mashed potatoes on top of that.
Cover with a layer of grated cheese then a layer of panko, then another layer of
cheese. Broil in oven for about 7-10 min until brown and crispy.
5. Plate it up and serve with a salad!